DIY Lady Liberty Costume

Dress to impress with this DIY Lady Liberty costume that is super easy to make! This costume is perfect for July 4th, halloween, or whenever you feel like wearing it. I wore this costume for homecoming week (America Day) and I got a lot of compliments. I felt great that everyone was so endeared by my costume.
Here are the materials that I used:
– Mint fabric/bedsheet (I bought my 2 yd fabric at Joanns for $4 —2 yds fit me perfectly..if you are a size small, I would recommend getting 2 yds of fabric
– Safety pins
– White headband
– White foam sheet
– Hot glue gun
– Sweet Mint acrylic mint
– Red solo cup
– Red and yellow gift tissue paper (1 each)
– Empty toilet roll
– Rectangular Plaque
– Teal sharpie
– Brushes
LET’S START WITH THE PROPS:
Lady Liberty Headband: To make the headband, I painted the white headband and white foam sheet with my sweet mint acrylic paint. Once dried, I cut out 5 isosceles triangles (about 3 inches long) and hot glued them onto my headband.
Torch: To make the torch, I painted the red solo cup and the empty toilet roll with my sweet mint acrylic paint. Once these two are completely dried, I glued the empty toilet roll onto the back of the red solo cup. Then, I took my red and yellow tissue paper and started stuffing the cup and gluing some of the tissue papers to the cup so it won’t fall out.
Book: To make the book, I painted the rectangular plaque with my sweet mint and wrote July IV MDCCLXXVI a.k.a July 4th, 1776 with my teal sharpie.
ONTO THE OUTFIT: Take your fabric and place it under your armpits(holding one end with your right and the other end with your left hand) Taking your right side, wrap the fabric once around your body. After that, take the two ends together and put your left arm through the hole and tie the two ends together. Secure the wrap with safety pins and VIOLA the lady liberty costume is DONE!






Comments

Popular Posts