DIY Aladdin and Jasmine Costume

In my continuing saga to try to get this blog caught up to my present day project, let's talk about my Aladdin and Jasmine costume! I really wanted to create a costume that was well-known, comfortable, and most importantly fun.

Magic Carpet
This was not the best illusion, but it was necessary when I was taking a picture of Chili on it. This has to be my favorite picture of Chili along with his Dogue photoshoot!
Materials
Tri-fold presentation board (Dollar Tree)
Velvet fabric in the color royal
Gold fabric (Joann's).
Hot Glue Gun
Duct Tape
Assemble
I used a bed comforter as a representation of clouds and duct taped the ends of the velvet fabric to the back of the board. When everything is attached, I cut four strips of gold fabric and tied a knot to each one of them. Hot glue the gold fabric to each of the corners and you're done.
Aladdin Dog Costume
Chili looked too cute in his costume..I LOVE IT!

Cut the length of the fabric depending on the size of your dog. Chili's purple vest was a little less than a yard. I cut two circles for the arm holes and that was all for the outfit. On to the headpiece! I painted the paper mache clay pot red and hot glued the headband onto the middle of the clay pot. 

Jasmine Costume 
My costume was made using my hot glue gun because I can't sew to save my life.
Headpiece 
I bought a teal headband and some rhinestones. I used the leftover gold fabric from the magic carpet and cut an oval. I glued the rhinestone onto the fabric and attached it to the center of the headband.
Bra/Bottom
I used an old worn-out bra and seriously hot glued my teal fabric onto the bra. I glued in extra layer of tealish blue tulle on top of the satin fabric. Previously, I decorated the bra with gold rims but it didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I left it simple. Feel free to add an additional creative dimension to any DIY Costume. Lastly, I pinned and hot glued leftover teal fabric onto my old maxi skirt. (2 yds of teal fabric and 1/2 yard of tulle fabric) To finish off the costume, you can wear teal/gold shoes and gold accessories.
               I hope you guys enjoyed my Aladdin and Jasmine costume! UNTIL NEXT TIME :)



Comments

Popular Posts