DIY Hippie Costume

When it comes to DIY, I say ditch the $40 costume and spend it on things you may actually wear again in your normal life! Hippie costumes are always my go-to because the attire is very easy to find in your closet. Spirit week is one of my favorite weeks of high school. It's an opportunity to be something you have always wanted to be and for me I've always wanted to live in the hippie era and ride on volkswagen buses. Since I won't be able to own my dream car, I'll make one.

Materials:
Apple Barrel paint (blue, pink, green, white, black, red, orange, yellow- I mixed colors to get different colors)<--around 50 cents each at walmart/joanns (BUT I GOT THEM COUPONS)
Led Push lights from Walmart<--I was surprised to find out that the lights I bought were only $3.48 for FOUR!!
2 yds of rope
Scissors
Duct tape
Dog toy for honk (SHOUT OUT TO CHILI FOR LETTING ME BORROW HIS TOY FOR THIS PROJECT)
Hot glue gun a.k.a my best friend
-------Total Cost: around $6-7----------------
What I wore:
-Hippie glasses (already have one)
-Dope earrings
-Cold shoulder top
-Hippie vest with rainbow colors on the inside
-Fringe boots
-Tye dye/colorful pants
-loose bracelets

Hair:
I did a one strand thread hair wrap..I was suppose to do 3-4 strands but my hair wasn't cooperating with me.

----------------------------------------------------


I painted all four sides differently and attached the squeaky thing on the inside of my dog's toy to the inside of my VW Bus. Made two holes on the left + right side of the box and tied my rope on both sides so I can drive HANDS-FREE! I also cut the inside flaps of the box and traced four circles for the wheels. VIOLAAAAA FINISHED!
GET IN ME BUS..VROOM VROOM!

Comments

Popular Posts