DIY Mermaid Costume

I am long overdue for another DIY project! I decided it was necessary for me to create a mermaid costume....I started looking online for ideas but the ones that I found required sewing. I CANNOT sew to save my life. Everything I do has to be simple and after jotting down ideas for two days, I finally knew what I needed to make my mermaid costume.
Being a mermaid would be flippin awesome! I'd sing and wreck cruise ships....joking about the ship part! If I was a mermaid, everything must be in gold-- gold pearls, gold yellowish eyes, gold sequin and glitter on the side of my face, and of course a gold fin! Just like the pictures below.  


A seashell bra is very self-explanatory...Obviously, you would need seashells and a bra. I added decorative accents crushed glass as well as pearls on the top rim of the bra. This was very simple to do...put on some music and start hot gluing! The process took me 15 minutes. All of the materials were bought at Jo-Ann but can be found in any craft stores.


Mermaid fin--
Confetti Dot Fabric (2 yards)
Hot Glue
Scissors
Foam Poster *OPTIONAL*
I placed the fabric on my leg and pulled the two sides together onto the back. Then, I glued the two ends together from the bottom of my spine to my ankles and started cutting the fabric into my desire fin shape. It didn't stay in place so I placed foam poster inside the bottom fin so it wouldn't bend. If you plan on re-creating this, send pictures to my email lirpadiy@gmail.com. I would love to see them! Until next time <3


 


Comments

Popular Posts