DIY The Voice "Gwen Stefani" Costume

Halloween is my favorite holiday and last year I was Elliot from E.T. the Extra Terrestrial. I was probably known as the girl who went all out on spirit days and wore crazy DIY costumes to school. Unfortunately, a lot of people didn't know who I dressed up as last year. C'MON E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is a classic!  Here's a picture of the costume..which can also be found on my blog ---> E.T.

This Halloween, I decided to be a judge from "The Voice," but couldn't decide between Shakira, Christina, or Gwen. I ended up dressing up as Gwen since she is the current judge. BUT LET'S BE REAL…my favorite judge has to be ADAM LEVINE! Haha Too bad I didn't have a guy that was willing to dress up as him with me..that would've been so cool! 

Materials:
-48 in x 36 in cardboard tri-fold
-Popsicle sticks 
-Hot Glue Gun
-Scissors
-Red paint (Apple Barrel) 
-Black Duct tape or black paint
-Clay pot 
-Gray paint
-Purple paper
-1 yd rope
1. Cut your tri-fold so it looks something like this^ (Trapezoid) 

2. Paint the entire trifold front and back red
3. Duct tape the entire perimeter and the middle parts..as shown above^^
4. Using one of the folds from the cardboard, cut out a tray so that it can fit right into the bigger piece.
5. Cut two slits on the bigger cardboard and insert the tray. Make sure to hot glue the sides so it'll stay on. (This was the difficult step. I had no idea how to keep the tray from falling down, so I propped it up with popsicle sticks. Definitely worked!) 
6. I found a clay pot perfect for the buzzer and painted it grey and red. Then I painted the tray black and glued the buzzer right on top. 
7. I wrote Gwen on a piece of purple paper and glued extra white cardboards around it. (shown below) 


I hole punched the cardboard in four different places (near the shoulders area) and tied the rope around it so I can easily wear it like a backpack.  

Final Look :)!!

Comments

Popular Posts